Tuesday, February 7, 2012


Second Life


The first thing that I’d like to tell in my blog is that I’m totally confused. I think second life is not designed for me, it is designed for people who enjoy virtual life and they figure out how to do that. Perhaps, my “Real/First” life is better than this “Virtual Second” oneJ
Second Life was a quite challenging experience to me, because before this I’ve never heard about it and I’ve never tried. Today I spent approximately an hour to get the essence of this virtual game, but the only thing that I managed to do was dancing with other people in a club and chatting with them. After spending some time in Second Life and trying to expose interesting things on my own I got so nervous that I quitted with the game and started to read the articles that my professor provided. Only a few minutes later I realized that Second Life is really amazingJ
As the cost of education grows year by year and students are forced to pay higher tuition fees, share resources, and even drop classes, thus, educators created a special thinking learning space, called “Second Life”, which supports and strengthens the ongoing mission to deliver world class education. As far as I understood different virtual worlds, among them Second life can solve many of the challenges faced by educational institutions. Firstly, the learning space is always available, regardless age, nation, social and economical status, as well as   geographical position. The worth mentioning point that I found out from different articles was that over 700 educational institutions from all over the world are in Second Life today. So this means that the advantages of learning in 3D environments are many.
 Second Life delivers a wide range of courses, field trips, and events, such as distance and flexible education, presentations and discussions, simulations and role-playing, multimedia and games, as well as language learning practice.
So we can assume that Second Life became a powerful way to create bridges and to collaborate with one of the 700 educational institutions. Many learning institutions have created cooperative learning programs in Second Life with great success by using various collaboration tools. You can easily connect with other teachers and professors who are open to collaborating, sharing, and creating joint learning programs. Moreover, in Second Life, residents meet and interact with friends around the world, enjoy entertainment from live music to role playing games, explore unique environments and communities, and much more.
Now, I love Second Life:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment